It happened many times when you just wanted to have the same project but with different search engines, keyword groups, or websites and you had to start from scratch. This is no longer needed because you can use the "Duplicate project" feature now and save a lot of time.
There are multiple scenarios when this feature helps:
- you want to track fewer keywords but want to save the history for all of them;
- you want to track the same keywords and search engines but on a different domain, like a new country sub-domain;
- you want to keep only the main website and check its rankings for different keywords and search engines;
- there are more than 50 competitors in your project and you need more than one project to track them all;
- you just want to monitor just a single (or more) keyword group;
- you have just a few keywords that are ranking above 50 results and you don't want to consume units for keywords which are ranking below 5 pages, so you have a project with these keywords and 10 pages depth and another one for all the others and 5 pages depth.
- and the list can continue...
Duplicating a project can be done in just a few easy steps:
- Go to the Home screen and select the check-box on the left side of the project name;
- Click the Manage blue button and select the "Duplicate projects" option
- Select the option you need :
a) Inputs Only - the new project will have the same inputs as the original one but no historical rankings;
b) Exact Copy - the new project will have both the inputs and historical rankings as the original one.
Don't forget to give a new name for the new project and to press the Duplicate project button.
- A confirmation will appear, so you will know that the duplicate action was added in a queue:
You can start using the new project now and benefit from all the inputs and historical rankings the initial project had.
Do you have any other questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch and we will keep building the FAQ.